Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Luna Park My Experience - social networking, RFID and NFC

For a long time now I've been fascinated by the Internet of Things (a long post to come) and one concept that has just come to life is happening at Luna Park in Sydney.

Through the use of RFID and NFC customers can interact both IRL and virtually with their experiences on all the rides.

It's spot-on as far as delivering a richer experience for the demanding youth market and plays to show-of-to-my-network mentality that can been seen in hyper-connected kids.

On the flip-side to the individuals experience is of course the combined experiences each ride provides. I can imagine that a future iteration of My Experience will be the story as told by the ride - the Internet of the ride.

Great work Luna Park.

No comments: